search.ominent.com is one more type of browser hijacker that changes your home page. Attackers reroute your search to Ominent Search that is actually using unknown search engine called Blekko. Though search engine and its results are authentic, the way how Delta-Homes have entered the computer still worries most computer users. It can invade browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome without a notice. Mentioned browsers were the most affected by this adware. Since it is not really serve as useful tool, might as well to remove it from your system.
Most users get shocked having this search.ominent.com redirect without any consent or asking approval from them. The reason behind is that in many instances hackers used best offers with bundled freeware as a gate opener in order to get Delta Homes Search program installed in your system. There was a time also that this program may inject when you access some malicious links that trigger to dropped the adware.
The very moment you have notice such changes, you don’t have to waste even a second. You have to remove search.ominent.com as early as possible. It would be more dangerous on your part to keep it using even for a little more time. You may tempt to click some links, which is seemingly like no harm, but in reality when you click any of those; it seems like you welcome hackers and other Trojans to come in to your system just like door wide open.
To be able to delete search.ominent.com and all its components from your system, we presented on this page the systematic procedure that you may follow.
Follow these Procedures to Remove search.ominent.com
Procedure 1: Uninstall search.ominent.com from Windows Control Panel
1. To begin, click on Windows Start located at bottom left part of the screen. Alternatively, you can press 'Start' button on your keyboard. From the selection, click on Control Panel. This will open a Window allowing you to adjust computer settings.
2. Under Programs, click on Uninstall a program. It will open a program and features window where-in you can uninstall, change, or repair installed software.
3. Look for the name search.ominent.com or any related term. Please note that the adware may change the title anytime. This part is risky. Find any suspicious file that you deemed is linked to the adware. Once found, please select the item you wanted to remove.
4. Click on Uninstall button to remove the program automatically.
5. If it prompts for confirmation, please click OK to proceed.
Procedure 1: Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking
Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- After turning On the power of the computer, just before Windows start, press F8.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
Procedure 2: Scan and remove search.ominent.com files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove search.ominent.com, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the button below. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
4. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by this anti-malware program.
Procedure 3: Manually remove settings created by search.ominent.com.If the hijacker was not removed properly during the scan, you can use this guide to uninstall it from the computer. We prepared procedures to remove this unknown search program from various Internet browsers including Internet Explorer 8/9, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Uninstall search.ominent.com from Internet Explorer 8:
1. Launch the program Internet Explorer 8.
2. On top menu, please navigate to Tools > Internet Options.
3. It will open the options window; make sure that you are viewing the General tab. Look for the area that says "Search" and click the Settings button.
4. You will see a list of search providers. Select your preferred search provider and click the button Set as default to replace search.ominent.com.
5. You may now remove search.ominent.com from the list. Highlight the item and click on Remove button.
For Internet Explorer 9:
1. Launch the program Internet Explorer 9.
2. On top menu, please navigate to Tools > Internet Options.
3. On General tab, proceed to Change search defaults and click the Settings button.
4. You will see a list of search providers. Select your desired search provider and click the button Set as default to replace search.ominent.com.
5. You may now remove search.ominent.com from the list.
Instructions to remove search.ominent.com from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Launch the program Mozilla Firefox.
2. On the address bar, type about:config and press Enter on the keyboard to view the list of preferences.
3. If it display a warning message stating that the action might void your warranty, just click "I'll be careful, I promise!"
4. Type search.ominent.com (or Root Name Only) in the search box to display the list of references that were altered by the adware. Please refer to the image below.
5. There is no button to remove the preference set by search.ominent.com. All you need to do is restore it to Firefox's default settings. Right-click on the item and select Reset from the drop-down list.
6. After resetting all affected preferences, you can now restart Firefox.7. Navigate to toolbar and on Google's Search box, click the arrow down sitting right beside the 'G' logo.
8. Click on Manage Search Engines... from the drop-down list to see all search engines installed in Firefox.
9. Choose your preferred default search provider by placing it at the top most position. Highlight the item and click on Move up until it reaches the first spot.
10. To remove search.ominent.com from Firefox, highlight on its name and click the Remove button.
Delete search.ominent.com from Google Chrome:
1. Launch the program Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon on top right corner of the browser.
3. Choose Settings from the drop down list. It will open a window containing Google Chrome settings.
4. Find the area that says "Search". This is located in the middle part of the page.
5. Click on Manage search engines. It will show a list of Search engines including the default one.
6. Mouse-over to your preferred search engine and click Make default.
7. Then, to remove search.ominent.com from Google Chrome, mouse-over to that item and click on the X mark.
Protect your PC from search.ominent.com or Similar Attack
Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer - Activate SmartScreen Filter
Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 has this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow these steps:
1. Please open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). For IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3. Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
4. Please restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome's Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
With Google Chrome's Phishing and Malware Detection feature, you will have lesser risks browsing the web. It will display a warning when the site you are trying to visit is suspicious. To enable Phishing and Malware Protection, please do these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Customize and control Google Chrome (3-Bars Icon) located on top right corner of the browser.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
4. Once on the settings page, click on Show advanced settings... at the bottom of the page to see the rest of the Chrome setup.
5. Locate Privacy section and mark 'Enable phishing and malware protection'.
6. Please restart Google Chrome. New settings keep your browser safe while surfing the web.
Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
Phishing and Malware Protection is a built-in feature on Firefox version 3 or later. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats on the computer. To help you keep safe while browsing the Internet using Firefox, please follow this guide:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On top menu, click on Tools. Then select Options from the list.
3. Select Security and put a check mark on the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries