|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on the computer.|
Home.prontofileconverter.com or known as Pronto File Converter is a program which holds a lot of doubtful traits and functions. This browser hijacker do alter Internet browser home page and search settings. This allows Macintosh users to keep their search redirect to a web site they did not want to visit.
Home.prontofileconverter.com claims that it will help users to easily convert files. This may be seemed like useful function; yet, this tactic was not enough to lure many users. So, cyber crooks use the bundling technique. It attached this malware to a range of free software to deploy it with much ease, faster, and seems genuine.
As soon as users install the chosen program, Home.prontofileconverter.com likewise downloads and install too. Once loaded, changes will then appear right away. Home page and search engine now uses Home.prontofileconverter.com resources. Merely getting rid of this dubious domain is the way to switch back the settings from its previous set up. Having it active wouldn’t allow you to change a thing.
Home.prontofileconverter.com victims often acquired this while using web browsers like Safari and Google Chrome. These famous browsers are the main target of adware authors. Crooks are often exploits flaws on these programs. By setting your Web browser to the safest level is one way to prevent this kind of attack. Also, always update it to the most recent version to prevent any form of cyber attack.
Home.prontofileconverter.com is not link to virus. Its real intent is to issue ads and promotes products online. It place and shows ads even if to the extent that it ruins user’s online surfing. Most of all, it aspires to gain profit through its own marketing scheme.
Keep in mind that it will only exploit your machine further if not be removed soon. You may use the steps below on how to fully get rid of this browser redirect adware.
Procedures to Remove Home.prontofileconverter.com
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Home.prontofileconverter.com from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Home.prontofileconverter.com from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Home.prontofileconverter.com extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Home.prontofileconverter.com.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Home.prontofileconverter.com to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Home.prontofileconverter.com
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Home.prontofileconverter.com and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Home.prontofileconverter.com. Your computer should now be malware free.