mixidj.delta-search.com is a browser hijacker that can be installed along with a program called Mixi.Dj. It can be downloaded from certain sites that prompt you to use the program in order to complete the session. Without your full consent, mixidj.delta-search.com will be installed as your default search engine, replacing your home page settings. This adware is known to use various hated domains that is relevant to online search.
Having this program on the computer has no reported danger and cannot be linked to virus infection. As mentioned, mixidj.delta-search.com is part of an adware. Meaning, the only risks you may get is installing it without your knowledge. Additionally, search result provided by Mixi DJ Search is annoying. You will notice that page is full of ads that most are not relevant to the search queries. These ads or links are the bread and butter of the adware author. They intend to monetize mixidj.delta-search.com by showing links from affiliated sites and advertisers.
To remove mixidj.delta-search.com and stop the hijacker from taking over the home page, remove unknown add-on or extension. It affects known browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Follow the procedures on this page to make sure that all data of mixidj.delta-search.com are deleted from the computer as well as affected Internet browser.
What are the Symptoms of mixidj.delta-search.com Hijacker?
mixidj.delta-search.com hijacks the home page and replaced it with an unknown custom search box. Using this box does not give accurate results, instead, you will be trick to click on a link and redirect your browser to advertiser’s web site.
Follow these Procedures to Remove mixidj.delta-search.com
Procedure 1: Uninstall mixidj.delta-search.com from Windows Control Panel
1. Click on Start button on bottom left corner of the screen. From the list, choose Control Panel to access settings of Windows and make the needed changes.
2. Under Programs, click on Uninstall a program. It will open a program and features window where-in you can uninstall, change, or repair installed software.
3. Look for the name mixidj.delta-search.com or any related term. Please note that the adware may change the title anytime. Once found, please select the item you wanted to remove.
If the given term is not present on the list of installed programs, look for item that was installed recently. To do this, you need to arrange the items chronologically. Click on 'Installed On' to display the latest program. Make sure the recent ones are on top of the list. Look for any dubious software that are not familiar or you didn't remember installing.
4. Click on Uninstall button to remove the program automatically.
5. If it prompts for confirmation, please click OK to proceed.
Procedure 2: Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking
Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- After turning On the power of the computer, just before Windows start, press F8.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
Procedure 3: Scan and remove mixidj.delta-search.com files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove mixidj.delta-search.com, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
4. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by this anti-malware program.
Procedure 4: Reset Affected Internet Browser
In order to fully remove all changes made by mixidj.delta-search.com that heavily affects your Internet browser; we need to restore it to the state when it was first installed. Follow the procedures below to execute these steps on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox respectively.
Reset configuration of Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser
2. Type this in the address bar chrome://settings/
3. Navigate at the end of the page and click on Show advanced settings
4. At the bottom of the page, click on Reset settings to remove all changes made by mixidj.delta-search.com. You need to confirm this action to apply the changes.
Reset Internet Explorer Settings:
1. Open Internet Explorer software
2. Navigate to top menu and click Tools > Internet Options
3. On Internet Options window, select Advanced tab
4. In order to reverse modifications caused by mixidj.delta-search.com, click on Reset button to bring back Internet Explorer's settings to their default condition.
Reset Firefox to its default state:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox program
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Help > Troubleshooting Information
3. Click on Reset Firefox button to erase the effect of mixidj.delta-search.com.
Procedure 5: Run Qualys Browser Check
Qualys Browser Check performs a security examination on your browser including installed plug-ins and add-ons. At the end of the scan, this tool will recommend on what to remove and give you steps to resolve any vulnerabilities found on the browser.
1. Open Internet browser application that is affected by mixidj.delta-search.com.
2. Click Here to visit Qualys Browser Check web site.
3. Next, click on "Install Plug-in" button. You must accept the Terms and Conditions to proceed.
4. After installing the plug-in, Qualys Browser Check will download the host application. This is required to check and remove mixidj.delta-search.com and any other malicious add-ons and extensions.
5. Once finished downloading, please Open or Run the file to install needed data.
6. Restart the browser after installing the tool.
7. Next, click on the Qualys Browser Check icon on the browser to begin the scan.
8. Once finished scanning your browser, the tool will display a recommendation. It will advise removing mixidj.delta-search.com extension. Also, there will be other programs and plug-ins that requires updating to make your online surfing secure.
Protect your PC from mixidj.delta-search.com or Similar Attack
Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer - Activate SmartScreen Filter
Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 has this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow these steps:
1. Please open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). For IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3. Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
4. Please restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome's Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
With Google Chrome's Phishing and Malware Detection feature, you will have lesser risks browsing the web. It will display a warning when the site you are trying to visit is suspicious. To enable Phishing and Malware Protection, please do these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Customize and control Google Chrome (3-Bars Icon) located on top right corner of the browser.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
4. Once on the settings page, click on Show advanced settings... at the bottom of the page to see the rest of the Chrome setup.
5. Locate Privacy section and mark 'Enable phishing and malware protection'.
6. Please restart Google Chrome. New settings keep your browser safe while surfing the web.
Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
Phishing and Malware Protection is a built-in feature on Firefox version 3 or later. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats on the computer. To help you keep safe while browsing the Internet using Firefox, please follow this guide:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On top menu, click on Tools. Then select Options from the list.
3. Select Security and put a check mark on the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries