Livesearchnow.com is a browser hijacker that redirects your default home page settings to reflect an unknown one. Typically, it shows a search box that is not familiar to many. It functions like a real search engine. However, the result of Livesearchnow.com is manipulated to display advertisements. The goal of this adware is to hijack the search result and deliver user to an ads performing web page. It attempts to gain revenue trough pay-per-click campaign. It uses certain sub domains like click.livesearchnow.com and search.livesearchnow.com.
Livesearchnow.com cannot be considered as a virus. It is only installed on the system if user permits. Usually, it comes bundled with other program such as multimedia player and file download programs. There is however an option to disregard the installation of Livesearchnow.com. All you need to do is execute a custom install of the program and remove the hijacker in the lists.
If you have installed Livesearchnow.com by default, removing the bundled software will not delete it from the computer. These are two different objects once loaded. Most of the time, hijacker such as Livesearchnow.com will conceal the uninstall process to keep it intact inside the computer. To remove Livesearchnow.com, follow the guide as instructed on this page. It is essential that you run anti-malware scan after manually deleting the add-ons from your browser.
What are the Symptoms of Livesearchnow.com Hijacker?
See image below for screenshot of Livesearchnow.com Hijacker. You will be seeing this image as your homepage if the computer is affected by the adware.
Follow these Procedures to Remove Livesearchnow.com
Procedure 1: Uninstall Livesearchnow.com from Windows Control Panel
1. Click on Start button on bottom left corner of the screen. From the list, choose Control Panel to access settings of Windows and make the needed changes.
2. Under Programs, click on Uninstall a program. It will open a program and features window where-in you can uninstall, change, or repair installed software.
3. Look for the name Livesearchnow.com or any related term. Please note that the adware may change the title anytime. Once found, please select the item you wanted to remove.
If the given term is not present on the list of installed programs, look for item that was installed recently. To do this, you need to arrange the items chronologically. Click on 'Installed On' to display the latest program. Make sure the recent ones are on top of the list. Look for any dubious software that are not familiar or you didn't remember installing.
4. Click on Uninstall button to remove the program automatically.
5. If it prompts for confirmation, please click OK to proceed.
Procedure 2: Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking
Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- After turning On the power of the computer, just before Windows start, press F8.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
Procedure 3: Scan and remove Livesearchnow.com files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove Livesearchnow.com, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
4. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by this anti-malware program.
Procedure 4: Reset Affected Internet Browser
In order to fully remove all changes made by Livesearchnow.com that heavily affects your Internet browser; we need to restore it to the state when it was first installed. Follow the procedures below to execute these steps on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox respectively.
Reset configuration of Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser
2. Type this in the address bar chrome://settings/
3. Navigate at the end of the page and click on Show advanced settings
4. At the bottom of the page, click on Reset settings to remove all changes made by Livesearchnow.com. You need to confirm this action to apply the changes.
Reset Internet Explorer Settings:
1. Open Internet Explorer software
2. Navigate to top menu and click Tools > Internet Options
3. On Internet Options window, select Advanced tab
4. In order to reverse modifications caused by Livesearchnow.com, click on Reset button to bring back Internet Explorer's settings to their default condition.
Reset Firefox to its default state:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox program
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Help > Troubleshooting Information
3. Click on Reset Firefox button to erase the effect of Livesearchnow.com.
Procedure 5: Run Qualys Browser Check
Qualys Browser Check performs a security examination on your browser including installed plug-ins and add-ons. At the end of the scan, this tool will recommend on what to remove and give you steps to resolve any vulnerabilities found on the browser.
1. Open Internet browser application that is affected by Livesearchnow.com.
2. Click Here to visit Qualys Browser Check web site.
3. Next, click on "Install Plug-in" button. You must accept the Terms and Conditions to proceed.
4. After installing the plug-in, Qualys Browser Check will download the host application. This is required to check and remove Livesearchnow.com and any other malicious add-ons and extensions.
5. Once finished downloading, please Open or Run the file to install needed data.
6. Restart the browser after installing the tool.
7. Next, click on the Qualys Browser Check icon on the browser to begin the scan.
8. Once finished scanning your browser, the tool will display a recommendation. It will advise removing Livesearchnow.com extension. Also, there will be other programs and plug-ins that requires updating to make your online surfing secure.
Protect your PC from Livesearchnow.com or Similar Attack
Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer - Activate SmartScreen Filter
Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 has this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow these steps:
1. Please open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). For IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3. Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
4. Please restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome's Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
With Google Chrome's Phishing and Malware Detection feature, you will have lesser risks browsing the web. It will display a warning when the site you are trying to visit is suspicious. To enable Phishing and Malware Protection, please do these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Customize and control Google Chrome (3-Bars Icon) located on top right corner of the browser.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
4. Once on the settings page, click on Show advanced settings... at the bottom of the page to see the rest of the Chrome setup.
5. Locate Privacy section and mark 'Enable phishing and malware protection'.
6. Please restart Google Chrome. New settings keep your browser safe while surfing the web.
Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
Phishing and Malware Protection is a built-in feature on Firefox version 3 or later. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats on the computer. To help you keep safe while browsing the Internet using Firefox, please follow this guide:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On top menu, click on Tools. Then select Options from the list.
3. Select Security and put a check mark on the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries