|Brief Description:||Browser hijackers are adware that modifies settings of home page and redirects browser to unknown websites.|
Search.we-cmf.com by SaferBrowser is classified as a browser redirect adware. This threat can expose your system to further issue if not be removed at once. Search.we-cmf.com does replace your existing browser settings. This dubious domain runs as your home page and default search page. It sneaks to get its place within your Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Internet Explorer.
Unstable web browser is likely to happen as soon as Search.we-cmf.com hits your PC. Unwanted browser redirect to unknown web site would become usual. You may notice that search results often contain advertising stuff. Clicking these ads may even lead you to harmful links and corrupted contents.
More so, Search.we-cmf.com does track your online habit. It collects and records details such as your visited web sites, search queries, and even your personal or financial details. As long as Search.we-cmf.com is running onto your PC, cyber crooks can easily steal those data as you surf online.
In conclusion, presence of Search.we-cmf.com would only place your privacy and system at risk. It doesn’t add any value to your online browsing. Instead, it would only ruin your online routine. This malware also attract other forms of potential threat to add up into your PC. Take note that Search.we-cmf.com makes your system more prone to further attack.
To bring back the previous settings of your browser and the normal performance of your system, then you have to remove Search.we-cmf.com. As much as possible, do remove it right away. Please be mindful that the longer it stays in your PC, the more it can harm your system.
Procedures to Remove Search.we-cmf.com
Procedure 1: Uninstall Search.we-cmf.com from Windows Control Panel
Accessing Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on the Windows Start button at lower left corner of the screen.
- Type Control Panel on the search box, and click on its icon on the search result.
- Alternatively, you can just press Windows + X on the keyboard to display Quick Access Menu. Then, click Control Panel.
How to access Control Panel in Windows 8
- The easiest way to access Control Panel on Windows 8 is through the Search function.
- Simply press Windows Key + Q on your keyboard to display the Charms Bar. Alternatively, you can drag mouse pointer to lower-right portion of desktop until the Charms Bar slide-out.
- Click on the Magnifying Glass icon and search for 'Control Panel'. Click the item on the result to access this feature.
How to access Control Panel in Windows XP, Windows Vista/ 7
- From the list, choose Control Panel to access settings of Windows and make the needed changes.
As observed, this threat is also linked to known malware. You may also look for and delete the following names that were identified with Search.we-cmf.com: SaferBrowser
4. Click on Uninstall button to remove the program automatically.
5. If it prompts for confirmation, please click OK to proceed.
Procedure 2: Scan Computer in Safe Mode Using Installed Anti-virus Program
1. In troubleshooting a PC, one common step is to boot operating system into Safe Mode with Networking. The same approach will be used in the removal of Search.we-cmf.com. Please execute instructions based on your Windows OS version.
Start Windows 8 / Windows 10 in Safe Mode with Networking
- Please restart the computer and as soon as it begins to start, please press Shift + F8 keys.
- Instead of seeing Advance Boot Options, latest version of Windows will display Recovery Mode. Continue with the given steps until you reach Safe Mode function.
- Click on 'See advanced repair options'.
- Then, click on Troubleshoot.
- Next, please select Advanced options.
- On the next window, please choose Windows Startup Settings.
- Lastly, click on Restart button. Windows 8 / Windows 10 will now restart and boot into Advanced Boot Option wherein you can run the system in Safe Mode with Networking.
Start in Safe Mode with Networking (Windows XP/Vista/7 Instruction)
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
Procedure 3: Scan and remove Search.we-cmf.com files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove Search.we-cmf.com, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed, MBAM will launch.
4. Select SCAN from the top menu. Then, click on Threat Scan (Recommended) section.
Procedure 4: Run extra scan with Junkware Removal Tool
To make sure that no more malicious files linked to Search.we-cmf.com are inside the computer, we must run another effective scanner. This time, use Junkware Removal Tool. No installation is necessary with this tool.
1. Click the button above to start the download process. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the JRT.exe file to initiate the tool.
4. It will prompt you to "Press any key to continue."
6. After scanning the computer, JRT will open a Notepad containing scan logs. It may have not find Search.we-cmf.com relevant entities, but it will surely delete any malicious items not found in the previous scans.
Procedure 5: Reset Affected Internet Browser
Reset browser settings of Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. In the address bar, type this: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter.
3. Navigate at the end of the page and click on Show advanced settings.
4. At the bottom of the page, click on Reset settings to remove all changes made by Search.we-cmf.com.
Reset Internet Explorer Settings:
1. Open Internet Explorer software.
2. Navigate to top menu and click Tools > Internet Options.
3. On Internet Options window, select Advanced tab.
4. In order to reverse modifications caused by Search.we-cmf.com, click on Reset button to bring back Internet Explorer's settings to their default condition.
Reset Firefox to its default state:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox program.
2. Navigate to top menu and Open Help Menu. Then, select on Troubleshooting Information.
3. Click on Refresh Firefox button to erase the effect of Search.we-cmf.com.
Procedure 6: Run Qualys Online Browser Check
1. Open Internet browser application that is affected by Search.we-cmf.com.
2. Click Here to visit Qualys Browser Check web site.
3. Next, click on "Scan without installing lugin" link.
4. Click on Scan Now button to check and remove Search.we-cmf.com and any other malicious add-ons and extensions. You must read and accept "Service User Agreement" to continue.
Protect your PC from Search.we-cmf.com or Similar Attack
Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Google Chrome's Protection from Dangerous Sites
With Google Chrome's Dangerous Site Protection feature, you will have lesser risks browsing the web. It will display a warning when the site you are trying to visit is suspicious, thus, you can prevent Search.we-cmf.com infection. To enable protection from dangerous sites, please do these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. In the address bar, type this: chrome://settings/ and then, Press Enter.
4. Locate Privacy section and mark 'Protect you and your device from dangerous sites'.
5. Please restart Google Chrome. New settings keep your browser safe while surfing the web.
Internet Explorer - Activate SmartScreen Filter
Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 has this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious programs including Search.we-cmf.com. To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow these steps:
1. Please open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). For IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3. Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
4. Please restart Internet Explorer.
Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
Phishing and Malware Protection is a built-in feature on Firefox version 3 or later. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats such as Search.we-cmf.com. To help you keep safe while browsing the Internet using Firefox, please follow this guide:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On top menu, click on Open Menu. Then select Options from the list.
3. Select Security and put a check mark on the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Edge Browser - SmartScreen Filter
SmartScreen filter is a built-in feature in Microsoft Edge browser that can help you deter malicious programs such as Search.we-cmf.com. It can block malicious web sites and downloads.
1. Open Microsoft Edge browser.
2. Click on More Actions button located at top right corner of the screen.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
4. Under Settings menu, go to Advanced Settings section and click on View Advanced Settings.
6.You may now restart Microsoft Edge browser.