claro-search.com is a browser hijacker that overrides existing search engine on the infected computer. Claro Search is identified as a component of Babylon. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox are the most affected browser by claro-search.com. This threat targets the mentioned browser and can hit them with a single installation on the computer.
Once it is successfully installed, default search page and home page of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox will switch to claro-search.com. If victim utilizes this search, it will present irrelevant research containing many advertisements. Search results from this adware can also lead victims to unwanted web sites.
It is hard to identify the presence of claro-search.com hijacker since it is using a search bar that is lacking of logo. Only visible sign is the address bar that has a web address like http://claro-search.com and http://isearch. claro-search.com.
Because the malware infects the three mostly used Internet browser, our guide has individual procedures for each. Follow the instructions carefully to remove claro-search.com from your browser. After removing the components, we highly encourage you to run a scan of anti-malware program to double check if the hijacker is deleted.
What are the Symptoms of claro-search.com?
Once this add-on is installed, it launches a new tab window when the browser is opened. The page contains a search bar similar to image you can see below.
Please use the following guides to remove claro-search.com
Uninstall the Claro Toolbar via Windows Control Panel
1. Go to Start > Control Panel
2. Under Programs, click on Uninstall a program. It will open a program and features window where-in you can uninstall, change, or repair installed software.
3. Look for the name Claro LTD Toolbar and highlight the item.
4. Click on Uninstall button (beside Organize) at the top to remove the program automatically.
5. If it prompts for confirmation, please click OK to proceed.
Procedures to Remove claro-search.com from your Internet Browser
Remove claro-search.com from Internet Explorer 8 and 9:
1. Launch the program Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, please navigate to Tools > Internet Options.
3. On General tab, proceed to Change search defaults and click the Settings button.
4. You will see a list of search providers. Select your desired search provider and click the button Set as default to replace claro-search.com.
5. You may now remove Claro Search from the list. Close the current window and restart the browser.
Instructions to remove claro-search.com from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Launch the program Mozilla Firefox.
2. On Google’s Search box, click the arrow down sitting right beside the ‘G’ logo.
3. Click on Manage Search Engines… from the drop-down list to see all search engines installed in Firefox.
4. Choose your preferred default search provider by placing it at the top most position. Highlight the item and click on Move up until it reaches the first spot.
5. To remove Claro Search from Firefox, highlight on its name and click the Remove button. Please restart the program.
Delete claro-search.com from Google Chrome:
1. Launch the program Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Wrench/3-Lines icon on top right corner of the browser.
3. Choose Settings from the drop down list. It will open a window containing Google Chrome settings.
4. Find the area that says “Search“. This is located in the middle part of the page.
5. Click on Manage search engines. It will show a list of Search engines including the default one.
6. Mouse-over to your preferred search engine and click Make default.
7. Then, to remove Claro Search (http://www.claro-search.com) from Google Chrome, mouse-over to that item and click on the X mark as shown in image above.
Confirm that claro-search.com is totally deleted using MalwareBytes
Whether you have a doubt or none, we highly encourage running a scan using this effective adware removal tool. The purpose of this scan is to double-check for any presence of malware inside your computer.
1. Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
– After turning On the power of the computer, just before Windows start, press F8 on your keyboard.
– From the selections, select Safe Mode with Networking
2. To remove claro-search.com, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the button below (it will open a new windows). This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses, adware, and malware.
3. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
4. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
5. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
6. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by this anti-malware program. Restart Windows when prompted.