Claro LTD Toolbar
Claro LTD Toolbar is considered as adware program. It was developed by Montera Technologies LTD and comes bundled with free programs. Naturally, Claro LTD Toolbar is executed by user unknowingly while installing the desired software. Although, there are options not to install this adware but due to lack of notice, it is often loaded by default.
Once Claro LTD Toolbar is installed as an add-ons, its main objective is to dominate the search engine by setting itself as the default. Surprisingly, it replaces the existing settings without asking for user’s approval. This add-on also enables a toolbar with various functions such as Facebook, Youtube, and other links to popular web sites and services. These are the same reason why Claro LTD Toolbar is tagged as an adware.
In order to remove the program, there are certain ways you need to carry out. Aside from removing the main component from Add/Remove Programs of Windows, you have to run an anti-malware scan just to make sure that it is totally deleted.
What are the Symptoms of Claro Toolbar?
If this add-on is installed, it will change your default home page to a Claro LTD search bar. It also inserts a toolbar known as Claro LTD Toolbar.
Follow these procedures to remove Claro LTD Toolbar
Uninstall the Claro LTD Toolbar via Windows Control Panel
1. Go to Start > Control Panel
2. Under Programs, click on Uninstall a program. It will open a program and features window where in you can uninstall, change, or repair installed software.
3. Look for the name Claro LTD Toolbar and highlight the item.
4. Click on Uninstall button (beside Organize) at the top to remove the program automatically.
5. If it prompts for confirmation, please click OK to proceed.
Procedures to Remove Claro LTD Add-ons and Extensions from your Internet Browser
Remove Claro LTD Toolbar and Extension from Internet Explorer 8 and 9:
1. Launch the program Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, please navigate to Tools > Manage add-ons. It will open a window where in you can view and manage Internet Explorer add-ons.
3. Select Toolbars and Extensions on left panel. Go to right panel and navigate to Montera Technologies LTD.
4. Disable the following add-ons:
- Claro LTD Toolbar
– Claro LTD Helper Object
5. Close the existing window and restart Internet Explorer.
Delete Claro LTD Toolbar Extension from Google Chrome:
1. Launch the program Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Wrench icon on top right corner of the browser.
3. Choose Settings from the drop down list. It will open a window containing Google Chrome settings.
4. Click on Extensions of the left side bar to display all installed extensions.
5. On the right panel of the window, Disable and Delete (Trash) the following extensions:
- Smart Display 1.1
– Claro LTD Toolbar
6. Close the current window and restart Google Chrome.
Confirm that Claro LTD Toolbar is totally deleted using MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Whether you are in doubt or not, we highly encourage running a scan using this effective adware removal tool. The purpose of this scan is to double-check for any presence of malware inside your computer.
1. Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- After turning On the power of the computer, just before Windows start, press F8 on your keyboard.
- From the selections, select Safe Mode with Networking
2. To remove Claro LTD Toolbar, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the button below (it will open a new windows). This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses, adware, and malware.
3. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
4. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
5. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
6. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by this anti-malware program. Restart Windows when prompted.