SpikeDeals virus or pop-up ads, discount, coupons, and banners are believed to be an adware that can do much more than just displaying pop-up ads on the Internet browser. Once this adware sets onto your computer, it actually tries to get your attention by posting huge annoying pop-ups, and constant redirection to various web sites. Computer security experts had warned us many times that adware like SpikeDeals only brings problem instead of benefit. The mere fact that no one authorize SpikeDeals Ads to be installed on the computer is an invasive thing that can only be noticed on virus and malware attack.
How does SpikeDeals spread?
Basically, adware propagates via the Internet. In the case of SpikeDeals, it is normally comes bundled to shareware apps hosted on various web sites. Downloading apps from highly regarded or popular sites does not guarantee that files you are acquiring are free from SpikeDeals adware. It is still safe to take full caution when using free programs.
SpikeDeals codes may also be dropped on the computer when link from spam email messages and social media site is executed. You are lucky if installed security program can block the download of malicious file, otherwise, computer will end up suffering from the annoyances of SpikeDeals.
Should I remove SpikeDeals from the PC?Definitely, you should remove this thing or any adware that exists on the computer. SpikeDeals for one thing is an adware that may perform malicious deeds during its presence. Your browsing activities are kept under the surveillance of SpikeDeals and vital data can be stolen.
Is there a way to effectively remove SpikeDeals?To effectively remove SpikeDeals and other harmful files on the computer, we highly suggest following this guide and scan your computer with recommended tools. Scanners provided here are free to use.
Follow these Procedures to Remove SpikeDeals
Procedure 1: Uninstall SpikeDeals from Windows Control Panel
1. Begin the removal process by uninstalling the adware program from Windows. To do this, we need to open Control Panel. Please ensure that you are logon with the Administrative privilege to access this function.
How to access Control Panel in Windows XP, Windows Vista/ 7
- Click on Start button that can be found on bottom left corner of the screen.
- From the list, choose Control Panel to access settings of Windows and make the needed changes.
How to access Control Panel in Windows 8
- The easiest way to access Control Panel on Windows 8 is through the Search function.
- Simply press Windows Key + Q on your keyboard to display the Charms Bar. Alternatively, you can drag mouse pointer to lower-right portion of desktop until the Charms Bar slide-out.
- Click on the Magnifying Glass icon and search for 'Control Panel'. Click the item on the result to access this feature.
2. Under Programs, click on Uninstall a program. It will open a program and features window where-in you can uninstall, change, or repair installed software.
3. Look for the name SpikeDeals or any related term. Please note that the adware may change the title anytime. Once found, please select the item you wanted to remove.
4. Click on Uninstall button to remove the program automatically.
5. If it prompts for confirmation, please click OK to proceed.
Procedure 2: Scan Computer in Safe Mode Using Anti-Malware Tool
In troubleshooting a PC, one common step is to boot operating system into Safe Mode with Networking. The same approach will be used in the removal of SpikeDeals. Please execute instructions based on your Windows OS version.
Start in Safe Mode with Networking (Windows XP/Vista/7 Instruction)
- Please restart the computer and just before Windows start, press F8 on your keyboard repeatedly. You will be presented with Advanced Options Menu.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
Start Windows 8 in Safe Mode with Networking
- Please restart the computer and as soon as it begins to start, please press Shift+F8 keys.
- Instead of seeing Advance Boot Options, Windows 8 will display Recovery Mode. Continue with the given steps until you reach Safe Mode function.
- Click on 'See advanced repair options'.
- Then, click on Troubleshoot.
- Next, please select Advanced options.
- On the next window, please choose Windows Startup Settings.
- Lastly, click on Restart button. Windows 8 will now restart and boot into Advanced Boot Option wherein you can run the system in Safe Mode with Networking.
Scan and remove SpikeDeals files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove SpikeDeals, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the button below. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
4. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by this anti-malware program.
Procedure 3: Reset Affected Internet Browser to delete SpikeDeals settings
Reset browser settings of Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser
2. Type this in the address bar chrome://settings/
3. Navigate at the end of the page and click on Show advanced settings
4. At the bottom of the page, click on Reset browser settings to remove all changes made by SpikeDeals
Reset Internet Explorer Settings:
1. Open Internet Explorer software
2. Navigate to top menu and click Tools > Internet Options
3. On Internet Options window, select Advanced tab
4. In order to reverse modifications caused by SpikeDeals, click on Reset button to bring back Internet Explorer's settings to their default condition.
Reset Firefox to its default state:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox program
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Help > Troubleshooting Information
3. Click on Reset Firefox button to erase the effect of SpikeDeals
Protect your PC from SpikeDeals or Similar Attack
Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer - Activate SmartScreen Filter
Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 has this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow these steps:
1. Please open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). For IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3. Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
4. Please restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome's Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
With Google Chrome's Phishing and Malware Detection feature, you will have lesser risks browsing the web. It will display a warning when the site you are trying to visit is suspicious. To enable Phishing and Malware Protection, please do these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Customize and control Google Chrome (3-Bars Icon) located on top right corner of the browser.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
4. Once on the settings page, click on Show advanced settings... at the bottom of the page to see the rest of the Chrome setup.
5. Locate Privacy section and mark 'Enable phishing and malware protection'.
6. Please restart Google Chrome. New settings keep your browser safe while surfing the web.
Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
Phishing and Malware Protection is a built-in feature on Firefox version 3 or later. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats on the computer. To help you keep safe while browsing the Internet using Firefox, please follow this guide:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On top menu, click on Tools. Then select Options from the list.
3. Select Security and put a check mark on the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries