BetterSurf Ads is believed to be an adware that can do much more than just displaying pop-up ads on the Internet browser. Once this adware sets onto your computer, it actually tries to get your attention by posting huge annoying pop-ups, and constant redirection to various web sites. Computer security experts had warned us many times that adware like BetterSurf Ads only brings problem instead of benefit. The mere fact that no one authorize BetterSurf Ads to be installed on the computer is an invasive thing that can only be noticed on virus and malware attack.
How does BetterSurf Ads spread?
Attackers usually put BetterSurf Ads as bundled software to certain freeware and shareware. That way, it can be pass-on to as many computer users that wanted free software. What many victims find most objectionable about BetterSurf Ads is the rerouting effect that leads them to unwanted web sites promoting various products. And most of all, users can't conceive to the non-stop pop-up ads shown by BetterSurf Ads.
Should I remove BetterSurf Ads from the PC?
Absolutely, because BetterSurf Ads is not a safe item for your PC and its presence will bring nothing but annoyances. Furthermore, malicious program such as this is capable of monitoring your web activities. It gathers data and other information from your PC that is not for public viewing. Your confidential details are at risk with the existence of BetterSurf Ads.
We highly suggest removing BetterSurf Ads as soon as you detect it. You have to know that this program is the sole liable in spreading potentially unwanted program and other malicious software to countless computer systems.
To stop any changes made by BetterSurf Ads and bring back your PC to its original clean state, what you have to do is to delete any unwanted add-on or extension from browser.
Is there a way to effectively remove BetterSurf Ads?
To effectively remove BetterSurf Ads and other harmful files on the computer, we highly suggest following this guide and scan your computer with recommended tools. Scanners provided here are free to use.
Follow these Procedures to Remove BetterSurf Ads
Procedure 1: Uninstall BetterSurf Ads from Windows Control Panel
1. Click on Start button on bottom left corner of the screen. From the list, choose Control Panel to access settings of Windows and make the needed changes.
2. Under Programs, click on Uninstall a program. It will open a program and features window where-in you can uninstall, change, or repair installed software.
3. Look for the name BetterSurf Ads or any related term. Please note that the adware may change the title anytime. Once found, please select the item you wanted to remove.
4. Click on Uninstall button to remove the program automatically.
5. If it prompts for confirmation, please click OK to proceed.
Procedure 2: Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking
Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- After turning On the power of the computer, just before Windows start, press F8.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
Procedure 3: Scan and remove BetterSurf Ads files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove BetterSurf Ads, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
4. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by this anti-malware program.
Procedure 4: Reset Affected Internet Browser
Reset browser settings of Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser
2. Type this in the address bar chrome://settings/
3. Navigate at the end of the page and click on Show advanced settings
4. At the bottom of the page, click on Reset browser settings to remove all changes made by BetterSurf Ads
Reset Internet Explorer Settings:
1. Open Internet Explorer software
2. Navigate to top menu and click Tools > Internet Options
3. On Internet Options window, select Advanced tab
4. In order to reverse modifications caused by BetterSurf Ads, click on Reset button to bring back Internet Explorer's settings to their default condition.
Reset Firefox to its default state:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox program
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Help > Troubleshooting Information
3. Click on Reset Firefox button to erase the effect of BetterSurf Ads
Protect your PC from BetterSurf Ads or Similar Attack
Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer - Activate SmartScreen Filter
Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 has this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow these steps:
1. Please open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). For IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3. Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
4. Please restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome's Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
With Google Chrome's Phishing and Malware Detection feature, you will have lesser risks browsing the web. It will display a warning when the site you are trying to visit is suspicious. To enable Phishing and Malware Protection, please do these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Customize and control Google Chrome (3-Bars Icon) located on top right corner of the browser.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
4. Once on the settings page, click on Show advanced settings... at the bottom of the page to see the rest of the Chrome setup.
5. Locate Privacy section and mark 'Enable phishing and malware protection'.
6. Please restart Google Chrome. New settings keep your browser safe while surfing the web.
Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
Phishing and Malware Protection is a built-in feature on Firefox version 3 or later. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats on the computer. To help you keep safe while browsing the Internet using Firefox, please follow this guide:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On top menu, click on Tools. Then select Options from the list.
3. Select Security and put a check mark on the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries