PUP.Optional.Outobox.A is an adware program that can be identified by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or other computer security tool. This kind of threat may possess virus-like traits although it is not considered as malware. Technically, PUP.Optional.Outobox.A is not as destructive as viruses. However, it can be annoying once installed on the computer.
There are several methods how PUP.Optional.Outobox.A can enter the computer. Normally, it spreads over the Internet. It employs deceiving techniques to get itself inside the computer. There are also instances that other software may deliver PUP.Optional.Outobox.A onto the PC. Thus, taking all measures to safeguard your PC while online is the first defense against the attack.
How PUP.Optional.Outobox.A does infect your computer?
PUP.Optional.Outobox.A and other relevant adware can be acquired even without direct knowledge of computer users. Installing some kind of third party software is one reason how PUP.Optional.Outobox.A can gain access on the computer. Other channels used to distribute this threat are through spam emails, social networking sites, peer-to-peer network, or Trojan that finds security holes on the system in order to drop malicious code.
Should I remove PUP.Optional.Outobox.A from the computer?
Though PUP.Optional.Outobox.A is not categorized as harmful as virus or malware, you still have to remove it from the computer as soon as you see its presence. The mere fact that it is the main cause of system troubles and other issues, you do not have to wait before it adds other harm on the computer.
As a precaution, you also need to delete third-party programs that maybe linked with it. Normally, PUP.Optional.Outobox.A is packed with freeware. Removing both is one effective way to free computer from all sorts of threats.
Is there a way to totally remove PUP.Optional.Outobox.A?
As to removal of PUP.Optional.Outobox.A, feel free to use the guide we provided on this page. Moreover, to avoid the same issue to happen, you just have to be more cautious when downloading and installing freeware or shareware.
Follow these Procedures to Remove PUP.Optional.Outobox.A
Procedure 1: Uninstall PUP.Optional.Outobox.A from Windows Control Panel
1. Click on Start button on bottom left corner of the screen. From the list, choose Control Panel to access settings of Windows and make the needed changes.
2. Under Programs, click on Uninstall a program. It will open a program and features window where-in you can uninstall, change, or repair installed software.
3. Look for the name PUP.Optional.Outobox.A or any related term. Please note that the adware may change the title anytime. Once found, please select the item you wanted to remove.
4. Click on Uninstall button to remove the program automatically.
5. If it prompts for confirmation, please click OK to proceed.
Procedure 2: Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking
Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- After turning On the power of the computer, just before Windows start, press F8.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
Procedure 3: Scan and remove PUP.Optional.Outobox.A files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove PUP.Optional.Outobox.A, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
4. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by this anti-malware program.
Procedure 4: Reset Affected Internet Browser
Reset browser settings of Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser
2. Type this in the address bar chrome://settings/
3. Navigate at the end of the page and click on Show advanced settings
4. At the bottom of the page, click on Reset browser settings to remove all changes made by PUP.Optional.Outobox.A
Reset Internet Explorer Settings:
1. Open Internet Explorer software
2. Navigate to top menu and click Tools > Internet Options
3. On Internet Options window, select Advanced tab
4. In order to reverse modifications caused by PUP.Optional.Outobox.A, click on Reset button to bring back Internet Explorer's settings to their default condition.
Reset Firefox to its default state:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox program
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Help > Troubleshooting Information
3. Click on Reset Firefox button to erase the effect of PUP.Optional.Outobox.A
Protect your PC from PUP.Optional.Outobox.A or Similar Attack
Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer - Activate SmartScreen Filter
Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 has this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow these steps:
1. Please open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). For IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3. Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
4. Please restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome's Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
With Google Chrome's Phishing and Malware Detection feature, you will have lesser risks browsing the web. It will display a warning when the site you are trying to visit is suspicious. To enable Phishing and Malware Protection, please do these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Customize and control Google Chrome (3-Bars Icon) located on top right corner of the browser.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
4. Once on the settings page, click on Show advanced settings... at the bottom of the page to see the rest of the Chrome setup.
5. Locate Privacy section and mark 'Enable phishing and malware protection'.
6. Please restart Google Chrome. New settings keep your browser safe while surfing the web.
Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
Phishing and Malware Protection is a built-in feature on Firefox version 3 or later. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats on the computer. To help you keep safe while browsing the Internet using Firefox, please follow this guide:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On top menu, click on Tools. Then select Options from the list.
3. Select Security and put a check mark on the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries