Lp.mediacoltd.com is an adware program that causes display of pop-up ads in your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. This adware infection can acquire easily as it is along with free download, which you can obtain from various free downloading sites. Most people who acquired this program claimed that it is a virus. There are numbers of complaint that Lp.mediacoltd.com did not ask their approval first, before it was installed.
Curiously enough, pop-up ads from Lp.mediacoltd.com make them aware that some sort of adware is infecting their system. This case is somehow upset to many victims in their beliefs that Lp.mediacoltd.com is a virus. Lp.mediacoltd.com does not require being a virus before you remove it. You have to get rid of it the very minute you detect it.
While Lp.mediacoltd.com is inside your machine, it floods your screen with constant pop-up ads. You may see it in every web site you try to visit. Indeed, having this program has no significant and cannot add any value, in fact it just interfere with your browsing experience. Moreover, it has been observed as being capable of abusing your privacy. It can track and record your online activities.
Stealth information usually uses to boost their advertising campaign. But eventually, it also misuse and lead to identity theft. This program is purposely designed to gain money, so it is not a surprise if you gain more conflict from this adware. Your system will work out well again as soon as you remove the Lp.mediacoltd.com.
Follow these Procedures to Remove Lp.mediacoltd.com
Procedure 1: Uninstall Lp.mediacoltd.com from Windows Control Panel
1. Begin the removal process by uninstalling the adware program from Windows. Click on Start button that can be found on bottom left corner of the screen. From the list, choose Control Panel to access settings of Windows and make the needed changes.
2. Under Programs, click on Uninstall a program. It will open a program and features window where-in you can uninstall, change, or repair installed software.
3. Look for the name Lp.mediacoltd.com or any related term. Please note that the adware may change the title anytime. Once found, please select the item you wanted to remove.
4. Click on Uninstall button to remove the program automatically.
5. If it prompts for confirmation, please click OK to proceed.
Procedure 2: Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking
Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- After turning On the power of the computer, just before Windows start, press F8.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
Procedure 3: Scan and remove Lp.mediacoltd.com files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove Lp.mediacoltd.com, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the button below. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
4. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by this anti-malware program.
Procedure 3.A : INTERNET EXPLORER - Lp.mediacoltd.com removal procedureIf the hijacker was not removed properly during the scan, you can use this guide to uninstall it from the computer. We prepared procedures to remove this unknown search program from various Internet browsers including Internet Explorer 8/9, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Guide to remove Lp.mediacoltd.com Add-ons and Extensions from Internet Explorer
1. Launch the program Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, please navigate to Tools > Manage add-ons. It will open a window where in you can view and manage Internet Explorer add-ons.
3. Select Toolbars and Extensions on left panel. Go to right panel and look for Lp.mediacoltd.com related item.
4. Select the unwanted toolbar and extensions and click on Disable.
5. Close the existing window and restart Internet Explorer.
Procedure 3.B : MOZILLA FIREFOX - Lp.mediacoltd.com removal guide
1. Launch the program Mozilla Firefox.
2. At Firefox main screen, type about:config in the address bar. If it shows a warning, "This might void your warranty!" please click "I'll be carefull, I promise!"
3. Firefox will display a list of entire preferences including those that were modified by Lp.mediacoltd.com.
4. In the Search field, type the name of malware. Then, right-click and Reset values for found Preferences.
Note: Proceed only with this fix if Lp.mediacoltd.com has modified your home page or if the browser keeps on redirecting to unknown web sites.
5. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools, the click Options.
6. On General Tab, under Home Page, type the desired address or simply click Restore to Default. Click OK to save the settings. This will reverse the changes made by Lp.mediacoltd.com on your home page.
Procedures to delete Lp.mediacoltd.com Extensions from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox Internet browser.
2. On top menu, click on Tools and select Add-ons from the list. You can also press CtrlShift+A on your keyboard to access this option.
3. Once the Add-ons manager is open, select Extensions from the sidebar.
4. Find the unknown add-on and click on Remove button. Click OK to save the settings.
5. Please restart Firefox to complete the process.
Procedure 3.C : GOOGLE CHROME - Lp.mediacoltd.com removal procedure
Delete Lp.mediacoltd.com extension from Google Chrome:
1. Launch the program Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon on top right corner of the browser.
3. Choose Settings from the drop down list. It will open a window containing Google Chrome settings.
4. Click on Extensions of the left side bar to display all installed extensions.
5. On the right panel of the window, Disable/Delete (Trash) Lp.mediacoltd.com extensions.
6. Close the current window and restart Google Chrome.
Protect your PC from Lp.mediacoltd.com or Similar Attack
Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer - Activate SmartScreen Filter
Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 has this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow these steps:
1. Please open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). For IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3. Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
4. Please restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome's Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
With Google Chrome's Phishing and Malware Detection feature, you will have lesser risks browsing the web. It will display a warning when the site you are trying to visit is suspicious. To enable Phishing and Malware Protection, please do these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Customize and control Google Chrome (3-Bars Icon) located on top right corner of the browser.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
4. Once on the settings page, click on Show advanced settings... at the bottom of the page to see the rest of the Chrome setup.
5. Locate Privacy section and mark 'Enable phishing and malware protection'.
6. Please restart Google Chrome. New settings keep your browser safe while surfing the web.
Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
Phishing and Malware Protection is a built-in feature on Firefox version 3 or later. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats on the computer. To help you keep safe while browsing the Internet using Firefox, please follow this guide:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On top menu, click on Tools. Then select Options from the list.
3. Select Security and put a check mark on the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries