Fast Save is an extension for Google Chrome, which is also an Add-on for Mozilla Firefox. We cannot consider it a computer virus since it has diverse characteristics. With the installation of Fast Save on Internet browser without user’s full knowledge, it might be reasonable to tag is as an adware program. This extension is a very invasive type of code that installs itself when you attempt to download Torrent file from peer-to-peer networks.
When Fast Save extension is installed on Chrome or Firefox browsers, user may observe random ads appearing on every visited web site. It overlay small ads at the bottom of images on web pages users are viewing.
Mostly affected by this Fast Save image advertisements are web site owners. Unwanted ads may compete with legitimate ads placed on the web site. Moreover, it affects the performance of the site, which tends to load the page slower than usual. The same reason caused some panic lately for web site owners. They think that malware have affected the sites and scripts are appended to every page to be able to load the advertisement.
Knowing that issue lies behind the Fast Save Internet browser extension, we created a short tutorial to remove the unwanted extension. See the complete guide below.
|OS Affected||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7|
How to Remove Fast Save Extension from Google Chrome?
1. Launch Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Locate and click the Wrench icon on top-right corner of Google Chrome.
3. Click on the icon to display drop-down list. Select Tools > Extension. It will display a list of installed extension.
4. Look for an item Fast Save 1.1, SaveAs, Quick Save, Codec-C, or Click2save extension. On far right end, click on the Bin (Trash Can) icon. This designates removal of the selected extension.
5. It will pop-up and confirm removal of Fast Save. Click on Remove button to validate.
That step should remove the unwanted extension from your Google Chrome.